Common Questions
  • Customer Service Hotline:
  • 51704888
  • Service Hours:
  • Monday to Friday
  • 09:30 - 17:30
  • Office Address:
  • Room 41, Level 8,
  • Core C, Cyberport 3,
  • 100 Cyberport Road,
  • Hong Kong

Partners
Common questions before purchase (6)
    • DrGene recognizes the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information, so as to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain accuracy of the data and ensure proper use of relevant information.
      You must also properly store your account password and other authentication information related to DrGene’s services. At the same time, you should not disclose your identification authentication information to any third party. Should there be any unauthorized use of your account, please notify DrGene immediately.
      DrGene is not responsible for any personal information issued by you personally or issued by DrGene at your request.

    • Simply click here, or click on "Log In" at the top of the page, then select "Register", enter your e-mail address and create your password. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from DrGene.

    • Simply click here, or click on "Log In" at the top of the page, then enter your e-mail address and password.
    • Click here, or click on "Forgot?" on the login page, then enter the e-mail address and authentication code you used to log in to your DrGene account.
      Once this is complete, you will receive a member password reset notification e-mail from DrGene. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to reset your password.
    • Once you have completed the payment process, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail from us. If have not received it, please check the spam folder in your e-mail account. Please add our e-mail address, support@drgene.com, to your safe senders list. You can also contact our customer service representatives for confirmation.

    • DrGene's testing service is suitable for Han Chinese individuals and those of pure Han Chinese descent. The company currently only offers its services to residents of Mainland China and Hong Kong.

About DNA sample collection (6)
About the testing technologies (2)
    • DrGene's genetic testing laboratory in the USA is CAP and CLIA certified. All tests are conducted according to strict procedures to ensure the most accurate and reliable genetic analysis for each client.

    • All of DrGene's DNA samples are processed at a CAP-accredited and CLIA-registered laboratory facility in the USA. All samples are handled with care and follow a stringent quality control process.
      DrGene uses non-invasive yet highly accurate methods to collect DNA samples. The DNA is collected using buccal (cheek) swabs. The process of DNA extraction is carried out using custom-built robots which extract purified DNA from the swab samples. This automated process minimises the risk of sample contamination.
      DrGene has elected to use technology by illumina Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN), a leading developer, and manufacturer of life science integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variations.
      Once the DNA purification process is completed, the samples are analyzed using DrGene's customised Illumina HumanOmniExpress BeadChip. The chip analyzes hundreds of thousands of SNPs covering the entire genome. DrGene's team of scientists, physicians, and genetic counselors has worked together to include thousands of additional markers that are particularly siginificant to people of Han Chinese ethnicity, making our tests highly accurate.
      Accuracy and reliability for the assays are above 99.5%. Every positive result is double-checked using another technology for redundancy. DrGene's positive results are re-checked using Sanger sequencing technology. The accuracy of the Sanger technology is more than 99%.
About test results (4)
    • From the time you send back your sample collector, the testing process typically takes 4-6 weeks.

    • If you have purchased our service, you can log in to our website and click on "My Order" to check your order status at any time.

    • After the laboratory has completed the testing, analysis and validation, we will send the test report to you. At the same time, you will receive an e-mail notification about your report. You can log in to our website and click on "My Order" to view your test report at any time.
      In addition, you can choose to have a written report mailed to you or to be picked up in person.

    • DrGene's test reports are accurate and easy to understand. Through the report, you can access your genetic data as well as the scientific research articles referenced in the preparation of your report. We strongly recommend that you share your test results with your doctor, so to allow your doctor to provide you with more comprehensive medical advice based on your medical history, family history and other non-hereditary conditions.

Hereditary Disease DNA Screening (4)
    • A recessive trait, disorder or disease is one inherited from an individual's family. A recessive disorder refers to a disease gene that an individual inherited from both parents.
      The inheritance of specific traits, disorders or diseases is determined by whether the affected chromosomes are autosomes or sex chromosomes. Recessive inheritance of a disease-causing gene can only be caused by two mutated genes. Individuals with only one mutated gene are known as carriers of genetic diseases (many of us are healthy carriers of genetic diseases). However, they may pass abnormal genes to the next generation.

    • If both you and your partner are carriers of a genetic disease and are planning a pregnancy, you need to consult a doctor to understand the risks and options of reproduction. If the carrier of a genetic disease is already pregnant, you may require genetic counseling services and further testing.

    • DrGene DNA testing service analyzes changes (mutations) in your DNA characteristics. Conducting the test before becoming pregnant can help you and your partner establish appropriate pregnancy measures in advance, without affecting your safety.

    • If both partners are carriers of the same kind of hereditary disease gene, the next generation will have up to a 25% chance of suffering from the disease, a 50% chance of becoming a healthy carrier of the disease gene, and a 25% chance of not inheriting any abnormal genes.
      Hereditary screening Inheritance Pattern
      For conditions included in the test, both parents must carry a mutation in the same disease gene for their child to be at risk to be affected. This is called an autosomal recessive manner of inheritance.

      Hereditary screening Inheritance Pattern
Personalized drug sensitivity DNA testing (1)
    • DrGene's personalized drug sensitivity DNA testing service analyzes your genes to determine your ability to metabolize specific medications and whether they will cause side effects. This can help your doctor prescribe suitable drugs and dosages for you, thereby enhancing the effectiveness and safety of your medication.

Hereditary Cancer Risk Assessment (3)
    • Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes, the structures that carry genes. Of these, 22 pairs are autosomes and are the same in both men and women. The 23rd pair is the sex chromosomes.
      Everyone carries two copies of each gene: one inherited from their mother and one from their father.
      Dominant inheritance means an abnormal gene from one parent can cause disease, even though the matching gene from the other parent is normal. The abnormal gene dominates.
      A parent with an autosomal dominant condition has a 50% chance of having a child with the condition. Children who do not inherit the abnormal gene will not develop or pass on the disease. If someone is diagnosed with an autosomal dominant disease, that person's parents should also be tested for the abnormal gene.
      Rarely, an autosomal dominant disease can also occur as a new condition in a child when neither parent has the abnormal gene.
    • The penetrance of a gene is the proportion of individuals with the particular genetic mutation who will develop symptoms of the disease. For example, if 80% of individuals with the gene mutation develop the disease, and 20% do not, the penetrance rate is 80%.
    • The age of onset is a medical term referring to the age at which an individual acquires, develops, or first experiences a condition or symptoms of a disease or disorder. For example, for individuals with Lynch Syndrome, the general age of onset of colorectal cancer is "44-61 years old", meaning that most people develop colorectal cancer when they are between 44 and 61.
      Diseases are often categorized by their ages of onset as congenital (present from birth), infantile, juvenile, or adult.